Faces of Quake Clan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Faces of Quake Clan Forum

foq it all...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments

Go down 
+4
zypher
kyzer
p1x3L
tool
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tool

M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments Empty
PostSubject: M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments   M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Majorly Insane Amateurs is hosting their first set of Quake 3 Arena tournaments set to begin in September. The tournament includes two gametypes: 1v1 Duel Cup and 2v2 TDM Cup. Both tournaments will have their branches of physics in standard VQ3 and CPM modes. You may sign up for both the Duel and TDM Cups, but it is not wished upon the admins for players to sign up in both modes. The rules are as follows:

All matches before semifinals and finals in both the Lower and Upper
brackets are to played in a Best Of 3 Games format, while the semifinals
and finals are to be played in a Best Of 5 Games format.

The higher seeded player chooses heads or tails, then the lower seeded player types the following command his/her console, "/callvote random 2". The winner of the coin toss eliminates a map first, then waits for the other player to eliminate. The maps are then picked with the winner of the toss picking, then vice-versa. In the semifinals, and Grand Final, there is no elimination method.

The tournament bracket is in a Double-Elimination format. If you lose in any match aside from the Grand Final, you go to the losers bracket for a second chance. After that, you are done with the tournament.

There is to be absolutely NO hacking, no spamming (to a degree.. if you hit a movie shot, it's ok), and no disrespect to ANYONE in or out of the server. Good sportsmanship is REQUIRED in order to play in this tournament!

-MIA Coordinators

You may view the tournament rules and map pools on the tournament forum at http://miaforum.tk/

Registration and sign-ups are required for all participants. Good luck and remember to have fun!

A Quake 3 install with all required maps/clients for this tournament is
available for download here:

http://veloxql.forumotion.net/quake-iii-arena-f5/download-quake-3-cpma-t11.htm

Disclaimer: This install is to only be used for this specific
tournament. If you use it for matches outside of this tournament, you
are breaking the law! (but I wont tell if you don't tell)
Back to top Go down
p1x3L

p1x3L

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments   M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:36 am

so this is a rail only tournament right? Smile
Back to top Go down
tool

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments   M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:58 am

-.-
Back to top Go down
tool

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments   M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:29 pm

I was hoping some TDM enthusiasts like Calie or zypher would join up and show their skills. :/
Back to top Go down
kyzer

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments   M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:45 pm

with their skillz your refering to insta only skillz on dm7.
Back to top Go down
tool

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments   M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Still need more participants for 2v2 TDM and 1v1 VQ3 Duel!
Back to top Go down
tool

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments   M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:51 pm

Need moar sign-ups....
Back to top Go down
zypher

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments   M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:15 pm

I would but i think i would be to busy with school =(, many of us are getting inactive or just not playing as much anymore.
Back to top Go down
Fox

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments   M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:09 pm

I want my summer back!!! Rwaaarr...
Back to top Go down
Fenix

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments   M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:38 pm

Fox wrote:
Arrow
Back to top Go down
ITSTHATKILLERGUYFORSURE

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments   M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 6:38 pm

lol 2v2 tdm, kill someone and camp the shit out of the dead body +1
Back to top Go down
tool

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments   M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 3:51 am

It's not freeze TDM. It's default, old-fashioned pickups. So you spawn, gear up, kill, die, respawn.
Back to top Go down
ReAper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments   M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:39 am

Fenix wrote:
Fox wrote:
Arrow

Yeah, very noticable in the arena.

Although oddly enough it seems 2k10 TDM is populated more often since school resumed.
Back to top Go down
https://facesofquake.forumotion.net
zypher

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments   M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:37 pm

foq school
Back to top Go down
tool

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments   M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 1:44 am

If you're at your computers this weekend, you can watch the MIA Quake 3 Tournaments broadcasted on http://tastyspleen.tv/?page_id=207 by the infamous Jehar!

Watch me, rush, virtuosity, mario, jujub, and others play tomorrow and throughout this weekend in CPMA. All Cups and broadcasts start at 2pm EST Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments   M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M.I.A. Quake 3 Tournaments
Page 1 of 1